Need to buy a laptop / notebook

blacksamurai 20:35 05 Dec 04

Want a new laptop 4 under £1100, that can run games but with a battery life averaging at least 3 to 4 hours. Which is more important for running games a processor speed or a good graphics e.g. 128mb?

Any help much appreciated.$

Diodorus Siculus 07:54 06 Dec 04

You need to get one with dedicated graphics if you want to play games. Processor speed, amount of RAM and a decent graphics chip are all necessary.

You should have no problems getting one within your budget though.

TomJerry 11:18 06 Dec 04

click here

more more, check out Tiny's offers.

Maverick81 10:57 09 Dec 04

you might struggle to get a notebook capable of playing games and having a 3-4 hr battery life
The good gaming notebooks have 5400rpm notebook hdd's which run a little warmer than normal notebook hard drives and take a little more electricity as well , the mobile versions of the ATI radeon and Nvidia's Geforce fx go use a lot of electricity to.....

Your best bets are

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

blacksamurai 00:00 11 Dec 04

Thank u 4 ur responses. The laptop was 2 be mainly 4 work but b able to play games as well. I had previously been looking at Acer laptops and i think that the 2.0GHz Pentium M Centrino, 512DDR 80GB HDD etc will be suitable 4 my needs.

Thanks again ppl$

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…