Need Advice on Buying External Hard Drive

jimmy f. 19:44 02 May 05

I have Filled My Internal 160mb Hard Drive With mp3 Files. I Now Want To Purchase an External Hard Drive. Where Should i Look? What Should i Look For? (I Just Want To Use The New Drive For Storage of My mp3 Collection)
I am a Bit Concerned After Reading (Lost in Space. PC Advisor Issue 119 June 2005, Page 168).My System Runs Windows XP Home(Service Pack 2), is This a Problem i Will Have to Deal With?
I Would Appreciate Any Helpful Advice on The Above Concerns.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:52 02 May 05

I use 2 maxtor external disks with no problems.

G

fred 20:39 02 May 05

Same here

These are very good,I use one and it's easy to set up,just plug it in.click here

helmetshine 00:30 03 May 05

I also use 2 Maxtors as well...one for drive images the other for music and films....no problems with them at all so far.Whatever you get always remember to read the manual,specially regarding installation and setup.They also come with Dantz Retrospect back up software....i don't use it myself but could be a bonus if you don't have any already.

TomJerry 09:32 03 May 05

store in different physical locations, check and refresh them regularly

freaky 11:01 03 May 05

Buy a Maxtor One-Touch External HD + Acronis Drive Image 8. You can then use Acronis to create Images or Clones of your internal HD to the Maxtor. The Maxtor is an excellent drive, well built and quiet in operation.

jimmy f. 17:33 03 May 05

Thanks For All The Good Advise, I Feel a Lot More Confident in What To Purchase. However, I Have Come Across The Freecom mediaplayer-3 250gb in my Searching. This is Designed For Media Files storage Specifically. Has Anybody Got Any Feedback on This Type of Hard Drive?

TomJerry 17:49 03 May 05

how about 250GB of data go up smoke or niked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…