Need advice on buying a computer.

iWolfy 23:20 PM 13 Nov 11

Hi, I'm Jimmy.

I'm a university student but I'm also a big Gamer and multimedia person. Never owned a decent pc... laptop im using right now still runs Pentium for gods sake. So now that i actually have a job i want to buy a laptop. I know the usual craic about if i'm looking to game i should spend my money on a desktop rather than a lappy. Now while this is a fairly good argument, my counter is, to buy a desktop means me sitting in my room for about 10hrs a day if i want to do anything computer based. So to not be anti-social towards my family, i'd much prefer a laptop.

So my question really is. To do all of the basics, to have a decent multimedia machine and to play older/less demanding games such as Minecraft, ESIV: Oblivion, SW: KOTR etc... do you guys think this is a good choice as it is roughly about the right amount i want to spend.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Dual Core (2.3GHz, Intel Sandy Bridge Architecture, 3MB Cache, Intel Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz

HD: 640GB 7200RPM (Not too worried about HD size, i work off EXT HD anyways)

Graphics: Dedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 2GB DDR Dedicated Memory)

Optical: BD Reader/DVD RW

If you guys could suggest any better deals for around the £600-£700 mark i'd appreciate it.

Forum Editor 00:34 AM 14 Nov 11

Better deals?

Take a look at this machine:-

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week