need a 24" or 26" hdmi monitor with headphone sock

sunnystaines 15:42 18 Jul 09

cannot find a 24" or 26" hdmi 1080p monitor with headphone sockets all the vendors say yes but when asked to check they say no.

anyone have one.

PCW have some very nice samsung 26" ones with these sockets but they are not for sale just to demo games on. the samsung 26" they sell is ident but no headphone sockets.

given up trying to get a straight answer out of dell who run their sales line in somewhere that sounded like india or thereabouts they did not have a clue about the products and agreed with what ever you wanted.

Kevscar1 16:43 18 Jul 09

Why not go back get the model number and put that in your search engine

ronalddonald 18:08 18 Jul 09

GO BACK AND DOUBLE CHECK"!

sunnystaines 18:45 18 Jul 09

the samsung t260 is the ideal one but not keen on mail order unless a reliable company, curries have it on their web but £100 + compared elsewhere.

the dell s2409w looks good but cannot get a straight answer out of the indian call centre type salesmen.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:36 18 Jul 09

Is that a long sock or a short sock?

wjrt 19:59 18 Jul 09

click here
got this model myself and definitely has a headphone socket . is classed as a monitor but also has digital/analogue tv tuners so works as a tv as well. I use the headphone socket to connect to amplifier as like most lcd tv's i've tried the sound output is pathetic

sunnystaines 20:14 18 Jul 09

thanks looks a good link will pop to their weybridge shop tomorrow. canot get onboard sound to work so need a hdmi monitor and i can use the sound from the hd4350 graphics card via the monitor.

Mr Mistoffelees its a short sock as i could not type in "et" at the end [not the ufo et before you ask] needed a smile this saga is dragging.

GaT7 02:23 19 Jul 09

That T240HD is a great suggestion, but you may want to consider a few things before getting one from Richer Sounds:

1. For £115 less you can get what you're looking for in a BenQ G2411HD 24" click here / £165 @ eBuyer click here. Connectivity includes HDMI & a headphone jack

2. If the Samsung sounds more promising anyway, try your local ASDA. I've heard some of the bigger stores are doing the T240HD for £200, saving £80

3. The Samsung T240 model (without the TV tuner & built-in speakers) click here, might be a cheaper option - i.e. if Asda have no stock at £200. It has HDMI with 'Digital/Stereo Audio out support for HDMI' / headphone jack (latter also mentioned in this review click here). It's £242 delivered at eBuyer click here (I think the advertised £15 cashback offer has expired though)

4. The larger T260 26" click here, has the same connectivity & is just over £280 at a few places - e.g. click here. In other words, same price as the 24" HD model & 2" larger

Note that the above Samsung models have 16:10 aspect ratios (1920 x 1200 res), while the BenQ is 16:9 (1920 x 1080). G

sunnystaines 09:13 19 Jul 09

thanks for the effort you put into the reply, much appreciated.

sunnystaines 14:09 19 Jul 09

got a samsung 24" not set up yet.

thanks to wjrt best price they match everywhere.

also thanlks to the others having imput too, will try and set up this evening if I'm ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5