Napstar the pros and cons

josie mayhem 14:33 17 Mar 05

What are the pros and cons for this site.

I've just signed up to the 14 day free trail, and intend to to some more serching later tonight. A quick search produced a much favorite song.

But at a tenner a month, will I find that me and the kids will vey quickly become bored?

t.long 23:33 17 Mar 05

On the flip side you can listen to all the songs via the Napster programme. However I often find they fail to load when you try and stream them, various little messages to the effect of 'Unable to loacate media. Please try again.'

Of course its quite insideous I keep meaning to move to Napster light but just seem to keep forgetting about it, only to be remineded when I see the credit card bill. Iratatingly you actaly have to phone someone to cancel rather than email or use the web.

But its aabout the music, well some musical types are better catered for than others. I guess a lot of record companies are still a little suspisous of the whole 'MP3 thing' and maybe there is still a wee bit of bad blood between them and Napster.

josie mayhem 00:16 18 Mar 05

I've had a munggle around tonight, and most Of the songs that I searched was found, I must admit that I rather that in some places you could have a list rather than relying on just search.. (a part of the computing world that I don't have a strong piont with)

I think that I will see what the trial is like, and then see if I can just pay for what I down load, because I did notice that if you wanted to keep the copy, and burn it, it cost 79p per track, which isn't bad but put that ontop of a tenner every month then it gets a bit expensive.

I was really looking for something that would replace an extensive record collection that I used to have, partly dismanteled due to a divorce and then loss to damage, and having some nicked.

bvw in bristol 00:30 18 Mar 05

£10 a month to listen to music?

Get a radio.

Napster? .....waste of money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…