MySecurityCente Final Demand for unpaid invoice

cj54 10:27 25 Feb 10

Have just recieved an email saying I haven't paid for this "MySecurityCente Internet Security Software", Which I don't even use!
Final Demand for unpaid invoice
Failure to settle this account will result in the debt being passed to Third Party companies.
As anyone else had this problem and how did they sort it out.
Many thanks for any info.

tullie 10:40 25 Feb 10

Have you tried to contact them?

cj54 10:51 25 Feb 10

Emailed them on monday but have had no reply as yet!

keef66 10:53 25 Feb 10

Lots of scams ask people for money in a threatening manner, and some are scared in to paying up, so they keep sending them.

Any contact details in the email? A bricks and mortar address? A UK landline phone no?

Can you check the email properties to see the sender of the email? Does it look like a bona-fide email address or something spoofed?

cj54 11:15 25 Feb 10

Does look like bona-fide email and email address, but no phone number or office address.
For some reason the faq link will not work!

tullie 11:16 25 Feb 10

Is this the website?click here

birdface 11:25 25 Feb 10

I certainly would give them a miss and would not part with any of your bank details.
maybe give tis a run update and run.[free version]
Just in case they have anything on your computer.

click here

There was a scam program a few years back that tried the same thing but it kept changing its name but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.
I would not contact them at all until until you can get some more information from the forum.

cj54 11:31 25 Feb 10

this does seem to be the one thanks am now reading throught the faqs, not sure why I should have to pay something i have never used, my broadband is with virgin (for many years)and use their free internet security software!

Woolwell 11:42 25 Feb 10

WOT gave tullie's link a bad rating. I would avoid. This seems like a scam/phishing e-mail.

KremmenUK 06:48 26 Feb 10

and whatever you do, don't divulge any info that can be traced back.

If necessary create a temporary Hotmail account to have dialogue with them.

jack 09:07 26 Feb 10

Just ignore it.- its a scam like all the others
Making a reply will affirm that you exist and make you good for more like it.

If this is something you have used in the past, but has now 'timed out' and you have not renewed it
Then once more ignore it.
Just check with your bank that no arrangements exist between you and them such as a 'Perpetual pay
arrangement'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos