My wonderful experience with Acer computers

Aaron-188486 16:37 15 Jan 08

Hi everyone,

If you're thinking of buying a new computer then read on.....

I'm glad I have a medium to express at how impressed I am with Acer computers. For some reason they don't seem to have a feedback page on their site which is a pity because I am thrilled at the service I have recently received.

One piece of advice I can give that is essential when buying electronic equipment is register it online with the company concerned. I did and it really helped my situation.

Basically my Acer Aspire L100 died. Just stopped working, wouldn't boot up, wouldn't do anything! Personally I thought the hard drive had died, so bye bye 4000 songs I have on my hard drive and my precious pictures! I contacted the UK 0870 number for Acer customer services, which may I add is answered within 30 seconds! BLISS! I explained the problem to a very helpful chap who agreed after a series of questions that something was definately wrong. He ask for my name and address and immediately saw that I registered the product online. Ffrom that he knew the warranty left and the service to be provided to the consumer.

Without hesitation he asked me to box up the computer that evening and DHL would be there on the next day to collect it. Free of charge! I explained I wouldn't be at the address because I was at work, "no problem, what's your work address and they'll colect it there" and sure enough, 11am the next day DHL turned up, collected it and took it away, with some helpful guidance provided by Acer on how to package the computer! Customer services provided me with a reference number and I would be able to monitor the progress of the repair via their website. If it had been a week day the computer would have arrived the nest day. I checked the website first thing monday morning and it was showing as arrived, the time and even where it was in the building. I checked 2 hours later and it advised "under repair".

Throughout the week I checked back now and again, then Friday it told me "Repaired, shipped". I was shocked, 4 days it took. I phoned the service line to find out what the problem was and it turned out the mother board failed and they simply replace it with a new one. All my data was safe!!! They emailed me a trackng reference number for DHL and Saturday it told me that my computer was in the DHL depot in Chelmsford and 10:30 Monday morning my freshly repaired computer was back with me and working!

I have been simply blown away by this service, the speed and minimum fuss that I have had. I will never buy another computer apart from Acer. And I advise you do the same.

Also, backup! I nearly lost everything and I urge you to back up your computer. I certainly will be in future!

g0nvs 20:06 15 Jan 08

Cougar are good as well, read the various threads. Nice one Acer.

Forum Editor 23:21 15 Jan 08

is certainly good advice, and cannot be repeated often enough - there are still lots of people who tend to rely on their computer not going wrong, only to discover that in this life nothing is certain.

Your experience with Acer illustrates how good customer service can be its own reward - you had such a good experience you wanted to share it, and in doing so you've reinforced Acer's image in the eyes of those who will read what you said.

Other suppliers please take note.

tillybaby23 07:27 16 Jan 08

Isn't it great when we do receive excellent customer service? These days it seems to be the exception rather than the rule especially in the computer business,

Once you have found such a fantastic place it seems sense to stick with them as I will be doing with Cougar and I'm sure there are many others who do provide the same care and attention as the two who have been mentioned above.

Blitzer 13:09 19 Jan 08

I had a similar experience to AaronDavies when my girlfriend's laptop developed a fault after about 6 months. Again I found Acer's telephone support extremely helpful and friendly which also makes a vast difference.

The collection, repair and subsequent return of the laptop was silky smooth. Again at all times it was possible to track the progression of the return and the item was promptly returned in full working order.

As a result my girlfriend was quite happy to purchase an Acer laptop for me at Christmas and I certainly have no concerns with any problems should they occur. Not that I am anticipating any such problems!

We fully recommend Acer to anyone interested in their products.

Well done Acer keep up the good work! :-)

100andthirty 13:58 19 Jan 08

This is how it should be; and I have no doubt that you were aided by having a polite conversation with the people on the phone. Good result!

Peripheral SQL 17:27 19 Jan 08

it's really good to hear about how good acer customer service is
it makes such a difference when you receive great service
and it's the best free advertising a company can get

i've not had to use acer customer service yet
due to 2 and a half years of acer reliability
which is another point in their favour

Aaron-188486 18:01 19 Jan 08

Wow, warms my heart to see so many people who have good experiences. I'm all for whistleblowing and naming bad service, but companies are hardly ever praised, so it's great for once people can stand up say how good something is.

Blitzer 12:58 23 Jan 08

Unfortunately, the same day after posting my previous comment praising Acer my girlfriends laptop has developed the same fault again! Ironic or what. However, although we're a little dissappointed that this has happened I have to stick by my previous comments as once again Acer were very helpful on the phone. We just hope the problem is resolved for good this time round.

Aaron-188486 14:09 24 Jan 08

Oh dear! good luck blitzer, let us know how you get on!

grumpygramp 17:36 26 Jan 08

Sods Law strikes again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…