My Virgin Media Customer support experience

gazzaho 19:21 23 Apr 08

I'm writing this to give credit where I believe it's due.

A few days ago my broadband speed, which is the Virgin 4MB service became very sluggish and speed tests results from various sites where less than impressive, so I decided to phone Virgin and ask if there was a reason for the slow speed. I talked to a guy named Ritesh, who, apart from a slight language problem communicating, was very courteous and patient with me. After trying a lot of settings and a lengthy phone call (about half an hour or so) he decided to send an engineer out the next day, and also assured me the phone bill would be refunded.

The engineer arrived as promised within the time stated by Ritesh and immediately changed the modem, which was an old NTL one and at least 5 years old with a new Virgin Media one. My web browsing has now had a new lease of life and is connecting at 3.7MB on average with the new modem, a vast improvement over what I was experiencing.

On this occasion I have to say well done to Virgin.

Strawballs 12:20 24 Apr 08

I'm in the Solent area and I've always had good service from them, I have been with them going right back to the days of NYNEX, Cable and Wireless, NTL and now Virgin.

techie4me 10:14 25 Apr 08

I'm with Virgin & never get above 2.9MB.
Mainly as we are so far from our local exchange.
Until BT upgrade the exchane in Q4 we are limited to slow speeds!

birdface 11:44 25 Apr 08

Always nice to see a good report about Virgin.I was not so lucky when I had problems it only makes sense that if you give good customer service that you will gain more customers.A step in the right direction.

spuds 11:49 25 Apr 08

Its strange how some people have first class service, and other people completely rubbish a company. In our area, many people are converting to Virgin because of word of mouth. But I wonder if in the long run, these same people will be regretting the decision of conversion because contention ratios will become over subscribed!.

I am with Tiscali, and I have always given praise for a good service, but of late, I am getting more concerned about sped performance and disconnections, especially after 5pm and into peak times.

birdface 11:49 25 Apr 08

Always nice to see a good report about Virgin.I was not so lucky when I had problems it only makes sense that if you give good customer service that you will gain more customers.A step in the right direction.

birdface 11:52 25 Apr 08

Oops sorry about that double posting.But did notice on the first one Customer is underlined and when you scroll over it an advert appears.I dont know why that happened as I have just ran my security programs.Anyone any idea.

birdface 11:54 25 Apr 08

Gone now.Put it down to bad eyesight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…