My new Zip Drive has failed

Southernboy 13:29 10 Sep 04

Four montha after I purchased a new 750 Zip drive, it has failed.

By a process of elimination, I have discovered it is not powering up. The USB ports are OK, but the transformer box does not get warm. The fuse is OK and, anyway, it is connected via a Belkin Surge protector and there have been no other problems except with the Zip Drive.

I have emailed Iomega several times but they have not replied. What now, I wonder?

alB 14:27 10 Sep 04

Did you buy the drive direct from Iomega or from a retailer?, if it's the latter contact them and see if they can sort it out for you..alB

Southernboy 14:37 10 Sep 04

I have emailed them but no reply so far.

wee eddie 18:08 10 Sep 04

There should be a Contact Number @ Simply, maybe a special e-mail address, for you to contact.

They are your first point. They may then redirect you.

How long have you waited so far?

alB 18:57 10 Sep 04

Taken from Simply Computers website:
"In the unlikely event of a technical problem with a product that you have purchased from Simply Computers, it will be most expedient for you to contact the manufacturer direct to arrange either an exchange or repair rather than involve Simply in the loop at this stage.

However if you cannot contact the manufacturer or they are not able or not willing to exchange/repair the product that you have purchased please call the Simply Computers Post Sales Technical Support Team on 0870 727 2170 and they will deal with the problem for you. To assist them it would be helpful if you have your invoice number and the item serial numberto hand at the time of making the call." ...alB

Southernboy 22:32 11 Sep 04

However, at the third time of trying, I got a reply from Iomega. They are going to send me a new power supply so, hopefully, this will work.

Question - if a disc is stuck in the drive because of a power failure, it can be removed by the Heath Robinson method of pushing a straightened out paper clip into a tiny hole in the eject button. I notice it states that you must disconnect both the USB and power cables before doing so. Does anyone know why? If you forget, what sort of damage is likely?

wee eddie 22:56 11 Sep 04

In one word:

Painful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…