My new TV has a sloping screen

Graham. 20:32 11 Aug 09

I bought a new TV from Comet click here. When I set it up, it was apparent the screen was tilting forward at the top click here

I returned to Comet to check their display set - it was the same.

I wrote to LG, their reply received this morning:
"This is a design feature and not actually a fault with your product, the tilting should not however be overly excessive".

So LG have designed a TV with a tilting screen? It isn't mentioned in the description. "Unique tilting screen, the world's first"

I don't think LG knew until someone went to look. I've been offered a refund, but I'd much rather have a re-engineered spacer that connects the TV to the stand.

Bald Eagle 20:42 11 Aug 09

Not at home at the moment so cannot check the make but my flat screeen 32"? TV does the same!
BE

MAT ALAN 20:45 11 Aug 09

I have LG 37in. and its bolt upright..

birdface 21:39 11 Aug 09

And I have a new 40" LG.Just going to check.

birdface 21:45 11 Aug 09

Looks like a bit of an optical illusion left side looks like its tiling forward and the near side as though it is tilting back,
Just checked mine and its Ok so no complaints from me.
looks like a nice telly though.

Al94 21:46 11 Aug 09

My Panasonic, Samsung and Cello are all upright, is it adjustable?

Graham. 22:05 11 Aug 09

That's a camera effect.

Al94, nope.

dagnammit 22:22 11 Aug 09

My Toshiba sits slightly higher by about 2mil on the right side. The reason is the floor boards are uneven and it's throwing the balance of the TV off.

The size of the screen and the viewing distance means it isn't noticeable.

Quiet Life 22:28 11 Aug 09

My LG 42i.tilts a few degrees but never noticed it till I looked today. I cannot see that it matters.

dagnammit 22:38 11 Aug 09

tbh they probably think most will stick them on the wall.

Stuartli 22:54 11 Aug 09

If it tilted backwards, judging by the stand's support pillar, it might be more prone to tipping/being knocked over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced