My first order to Dell

Sapins 14:59 15 May 05

A friend who has just moved into a new house and not yet had the telephone connected asked me to order an Inspiron laptop for him.

We looked at the specification on Dell's French site and then telephoned them on the 4/5/2005 to ask for all documentation and software to be supplied in the English versions and to change some of the specifications, I used my credit card and asked for delivery to my friends address which was confirmed on the 4/5/2005 with no problem, whereas in the UK most firms will only deliver to the address on the card. We were sent an e-mail the next morning with a link to track the order and it was sent out from Dell on the 9/5/2005. It arrived on the afternoon of 10/5/2005 complete as ordered, we switched it on and everything was installed and ready to go.

I have read various comments in the forum regarding problems with Dell so I want to say we had no problems whatsoever with this order from start to finish, so congratulations to Dell in France.

bremner 16:06 15 May 05

Dell are the largest supplier of PC's in the world. The number of problems customers experience is a tiny percentage of all orders made.

It is therefore no surprise when an order goes without problems.

spuds 17:46 15 May 05

Worth a read about Dell laptops click here Click on originalmiscellany's link.

I have purchased a number of items from Dell, never had any problems, and service first class.Look for the special offers, which Dell have on a regular basis, can save mucho dinero.

Ecky-Thump 09:00 16 May 05

I have purchased a Dell Laptop, and Desk system, also my Son has a Desk system, all arrived in seperate boxes, on time and have worked faultlessly Laptop (2years) Desktop (1 Year), Well done DELL .... hope this helps ...

brigez 13:48 16 May 05

I bought an Ispiron laptop from Dell at the begining of the month, ordered it on a Tuesday and it arrived on the Friday. Everything works, I even got a follow up call from Dell after delivery to ensure everything was OK.
I'll be using them again when it comes to changing my desktop PC...excellent products, excellent service.

Like Spuds says, I bought while a special offer was on, saved over £100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…