my face.com a risk?

johnnyrocker 11:07 24 Aug 07

good morning all.

having been invited by someone i knew to be part of this set up i signed up but am now a little concerned as reading elsewhere that it is an ideal ground for poss ID theft, with this in mind i sent them a mail via their 'contact us' form requesting unsubscribe info but got a returned mail as not available, so it would appear that one is unable to contact them?
any thoughts?

johnny.

hereford456 11:22 24 Aug 07

As long as you have not given all your details like full name, date of birth & address you should be OK.

johnnyrocker 11:23 24 Aug 07

i have not done that but my concern is the inability to contact.

johnny.

Forum Editor 19:15 24 Aug 07

and very new. It has been designed using an off-the-shelf template, and my guess is that the person behind it has little experience of running such sites. There is no published privacy policy, and no means of contacting the site operator, other than the form on the contact page.

Proceed with extreme caution

johnnyrocker 23:05 24 Aug 07

thank you FE my thoughts exactly the form on the contact page as i have said comes back as returned mail hence why i raised the issue as it seems to be sucking in an awful lot of people together with their e mail adddy's

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:47 25 Aug 07

one bounce for others and will then close later

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…