MV Mobeus laptop

dobbin 10:45 03 Mar 05

I want to buy a very lightweight laptop. Looking at the latest 'pop' charts it seems that the MV mobeus is the one to go for or otherwise the Toshiba portege A200.
Does anyone know anything about MV as I have never heard of them. I am a little wary of buying from a small supplier as I have had great difficulty in the past trying to get batteries and chargers etc for my current laptop [a Novatech] and don't want to go through this again with a replacement.

TomJerry 12:09 03 Mar 05

for 12" screen, Asus had one with DVD writer only 1.6kg, Samgsung has one (Q30) without optical driver only 1.08kg, Dell has one without optical driver 1.3kg, AJp has one 1.8kg with DVD driver, Higrade has one with DVD writer 1.8kg

dobbin 12:15 03 Mar 05

thanks Tomjerry, I did not realise they went that light I will check out the models you mentioned. I do not play games but would like an optical drive. Do you have any idea about the spares availability of these machines?

TomJerry 00:58 04 Mar 05

ASUS is a big IT player, it is the one of bigest motherboard makers.You definitely have better chance for getting spare than MV

price from £800 to £1200 depend on spc

click here

click here

dobbin 08:13 04 Mar 05

Thanks Tomjerry, I researched it all last night and I came to exactly the same conclusion and have decided to opt for the Asus M5621N-BP. Great minds and all that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017