Mustek Bearpaw Scanner

shannonside 05:33 08 Feb 03

The following is a copy of an email i tried to send to mustek regarding problems with my scanner, its pretty self explanotory.

I own a mustek bearpaw 1200 scanner. When i try to scan anything i get an error message saying 'check cable', then an error saying 'the scanner is not ready'.
If i try to scan from the Ulead SE 3.0 software i get an error to the effect that the twain driver is not responding.
If i run the diagnostic check for the scanner from control panel it reports the scanner is operating fine!!

I have logged on to the mustek american website click here where it had a link for European customers, i clicked this link and i got a blank page saying 'this page could not be displayed'.
I tried to download the patch for printing using an epson stylus printer and guess what, i got an error message saying this driver did not exist!!
When i try to print something using the Ulead SE 3.0 software i get dialogue boxes in french!!

What is the story here people? You have supplied me with a scanner which doesn't work, a driver which doesn't work, software which doesn't work, and to top it all your website doesn't work either!!

What solutions do you offer for my problems Mustek? Or are you really worried about customer service?

I am keeping a copy of this email and await your response to my problems. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt to see if you can succesfully answer and resolve my difficulties with your products. Failing this i will be sending a copy of this email and a full report of your response to pc advisor magazine uk, to warn other potential buyers of the pitfalls involved in buying a Mustek product.

p.s. You have to be joking!...I have just tried to send the above email and got the following response ...'The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Buggy Software!!', Account: 'pop.iol.ie', Server: 'mail.iol.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Cannot route to [email protected]>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79'

Your email address for customer support doesn't work either!!

Forum Editor 08:59 08 Feb 03

but perhaps a little less sarcasm in your message to Mustek might have been more acceptable. I would certainly not be too happy if I received such a derisory email. Mustek is a very large company and has a good reputation, there's obviously a problem with their European site at the moment however.

A little searching works wonders however, and I suggest you
click here which will take you to the download page for European drivers. Make sure that you download the full package - Generic scanning module, TWAIN driver, and the panel. The drivers work in Windows 98/ME/2000/XP by the way.

Good luck - come back to this thread if you're still having problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…