Music downloads - :$

CPUover 10:34 31 Aug 08

Ok music downloads, there loads of places to buy from and they all in fancy colors. Thing is where can i just buy a single song and not get a ton of spam emails or txts once ive bought the song i want. I just want to go on the website, search my song, pay for it and download it to my pc and thats it. No adverts to buy this or that, i dont want freaking iTunes and i dont want to pay 1 price then get charged extra just because they think they can get away with it. Thanks people.

Forum Editor 13:35 31 Aug 08

but in my opinion it's far and away the best music resource on the web. You can search for a song, hear a sample, buy the track, and that's it - no spam whatsoever, no extra charges, no anything.

You'll get nothing for nothing in this world.

iscanut2 16:07 31 Aug 08

Why "freaking" I Tunes ? What does that mean. I totally agree with FE. Get all I want from them.

alB 18:15 31 Aug 08

It's ITunes for me too, the only e-mail I ever get from them is to tell me what I have downloaded and what I have been charged ...alB

Stuartli 19:40 31 Aug 08

Never used it, but there's also Tesco Digital:

click here

There are plenty of alternatives to itunes.

My favourite is Play.com - click here. All tracks are free of DRM and most are encoded at 320kbps. Only downside is that their library is no where near as big as those offered by many competitors.

For tracks that aren't available from Play.com, I use - Napster click here. As long as you don't choose the monthly subscription option, it works pretty much the same way as itunes but the tracks are encoded in .wma rather than Apple's .aac codec meaning they are supported by virtually all MP3 players excluding the ipod (where as DRM tracks bought from itunes will only work on ipods).

No matter which service you use, you're unlikely to have trouble with spam or adverts in your inbox.

pj123 13:55 01 Sep 08

I use Tesco to download albums/single tracks ranging from .79 per track to £12 per album.

You are allowed to copy them 3 times and download again if you lose it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…