Multivision Vs Mesh?

darkster 15:01 03 Jul 03

Hi all.
As a newbie to the Consumerwatch forum I am looking for some advice/opinions from the respective owners of Multivision and Mesh PCs. I am looking to retire my old PC for a new Mesh or Multivision (Athlon XP 2800+ spec.) and I was wondering what the general customer service and technical support from each manufacturer was like.

Andybear 15:06 03 Jul 03

I bought a Mesh PC in January this year and it's very good. However, the technical support / customer service is useless. If ever I have a problem I always come to the Helproom on this site first off.

ray27 18:55 03 Jul 03

I confirm what Andybear says about Mesh .
I am pleased with the system now it appears to be working ok but I had a devil of a job getting the right kind of support .

If I was you I would check out a few of the previous postings on this forum about Mesh support to see if it is what you are prepared to put up with.
There is still a problem with my system , the bleeps on start up keep varying from 1,2,3 and 5
but I cant find anything wrong and there suport people have told me to ignore it
best of luck Ray

ray27 19:06 03 Jul 03

Thought I would let you have a sample of their support
The computer was faulty from day one and they said it was a virus , I had not signed up to an ISP at that point.

After telling me to reinstall various programes they then told me to reinstall windows which I did.

It was ok at first and then started to develop the same symptons their answer was to tell me to reinstall windows again ,I refused and after a load of telephone call's and a lot of postings to this forum they got in touch with me and discovered that the hard drive was faulty which they replaced and since then its been ok ,apart from the beeps.
Shame about the support as I think the system is good , it flies along and I surf on dial up access without any problems

GraemeD 19:13 03 Jul 03

For my views about Mesh see 'MESH COMPUTER ORDER'. If you buy from Mesh make sure you use a credit card !

PeteJ 19:37 03 Jul 03

Multivision for me. I bought my PC about 5 months ago from them. I did cause one problem with the PC trying to install some software that was not fully XP compatable. Multivisions support talked me through rectifying the problem and I was up and running very quickly. I am well chuffed with the PC and their support and would happily use Multivision again.

This forum contains tales of woe about most PC suppliers but it is human nature to report all the bad issues. There are countless buyers out their who, like me, are very happy bunnies.

Good luck with decision making.

Brazils 20:14 03 Jul 03

Mesh for me. 2nd choice Evesham. I have both.

Multivision never got on my shortlist!

Mesh: Great PC, Crap support
Evesham: Expensive, top class, good support.

If you are worried about support, then pay the premium for Evesham.

Finally, don't forget you will always read disaster stories about any make. Happy customers stay silent!

Sir Radfordin 23:44 03 Jul 03

My experience of Mesh (5 PCs in last 18 months) is they are a good buy both in terms of support and product. Can't say that is what you will get. I'd buy again.

GraemeD 00:36 04 Jul 03

Yes, order, wait 6 weeks get no computer and don't expect your money back soon......... that's MESH, buy somewhere else......

I have just recently bought a mesh at the specs that you are looking. I have no complaints with the system itself but if you live like me not on the mainland prepare to cry about delievery costs. It cost me £70 for delievery on a £2000 system and no XP disc just a reboot disc. Also if you are looking for a DVD Rewriter ask about a standard Dvd Drive as well. I had to purchase and fit one myself. Also beware of the creative 6.1 speakers there is a problem with the sub-woofer.
Other than that great, small niggles I know but so far I have not been able to get thru to customer to query some of them so so-so as per support.

accord 08:41 04 Jul 03

where ever you go, whatever you buy, there will always be problems for some people and not others. take buying a new car, ever heard of the friday afternoon car, nothing but problems. i think the same applies to pc if not more. the pc companies are under enormous pressure to get the pcs out of the door to increase cash flow due to very low margins. mistakes are bound to happen.

i have a mesh pc and i would give them 95% for reliability, 75% support (only used them once) 95% performance. had a panrix (ceased trading now) and a sony vaio laptop before the mesh and these were superb 100% for both.

at the end of the day, the decision is yours, even if you did go for the best in the world you could end up with a friday afternoon pc !!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…