Multivision Saga

sdf 18:02 23 Sep 03

As some may be aware from reading previous threads I have ordered a Multivision 1010 (ordered pre-announcement of the 1030 which I would much prefere, but anyway! doh). Ordered on the 1st of this month it turned up today (after them taking the money for it 3 days after order - If I'd known it'd be a month they could have got it on the next Visa bill - cheeky I think) at last only for me to find it has XP Home on instead of the XP Professional requested and paid for. so, after spending 40 minutes on hold to multivision I spoke to one of their reps who informed me all they could do is either refund the addition money I paid for the UG to Pro and stick with home or I could send the unit back and they'll reinstall windows. I grudgingly chose the latter as I particularly wanted Pro (hence ordered it!). I don't know why they couldnt have just sent me a new machine with Pro on it and we just swapped them - I havent activated the current one or anything. Am I being fussy in this whole thing just not up to par? This is the first "system" I've ever bought, the other 6 computers we have on our home net were all self builds, can we expect this sort of things with the other 2 laptops that we plan to purchase in the near future? (I hasten to add not from multivision). I'm probably a being unfair as im a little wound up by it all, over the last month and especially this week I really could have done with/needed the laptop, but feels good to vent a little! apologies! Any views on the situation would be welcomed

sdf 18:11 23 Sep 03

the other bit I was going to mention was I was quoted 1-2 weeks turnaround for the re-installation of windows, for potentially it could be a month and a half after order before I get a machine that I can finally use!

sdf 22:57 23 Sep 03

sdf 18:06 26 Sep 03

it goes on... I have now recieved the notebook back (a lot quicker then they said which was nice) only to find that it only has 256mb RAM instead of the 512mb. I couldnt check before as I was reluctant to enter all my personal details, to get into windows, if I was going to send the machine back for re-installation. Have contacted multivision and await a response

Cuzza 18:20 18 Oct 03

As you say nothing wrong with the kit just the idiots dealing with sales, customer services and tech support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…