multivision = multi disappointment

sonetti 16:32 18 Nov 03

after reading pc advisor nov03 issue. i proceded to buy a multi vision ionix 98 aiw system. imagine my disapointment when the system finally arrived and then proceded to randomly reset itself for no apparent reason(this happened from the moment all was plugged in and switched on). It took me 4 days to get to the start up menu without the system crashing. Once i was in the system i was unable to install any application/game without yet another crash and resulting 4 hours trying to get back into the computer. After over 3 hours with technical support (i even tried to reformat the harddrive after only 1 day of use to no avail) i was 'rushed' 2 new memory sticks. Being assured this would cure the problem you can guess my anger when i had the same problem. Another 3 hours tech support later and 'next day' pick up to repair the system ( it took 3 days of no show from courier before i had to take the system from home(somerset)to thier headquarters in Halesowen, W Mids) i was told the system would be repaired there and then and i would get it back same day if i waited for it. 6 hours of waiting before i was informed that com was being bench tested so i would only be able to get com back on wednesday(the next day( thus resulted in a long 150 mile drive home)). Customer support on the wednesday had no idea that my com was being repaired which resulted in my waiting 45 mins for them to find the com and was assured that i would have 'next day' delivery of my sytem. after badgering them i was offered a cheap webcam as compensation. thursday passsed, no com. Friday, rang, was told "system is on way as we speak." Monday afternoon before i finally get system back ( after replacement of motherboard and psu), so anxiously waiting to see how good this 'all-in-wonder' system is i try to install both MOH AL and Firewarrior. Only to find that no longer does the system crash, it just won't let me play anythiing on it. i spent £1219 on what was effectively a typewriter. After contacting custumer support again 1) to find out where this alleged webcam is 2) why does my system still fail to operate, i was asked if i would like the system to come in for repair agian!! no chance!! money back please! was also told this is the first instance they have had of this system failing to work as advertised. has any one else had this system/encounted any problems and/or given a 3week runaround (or longer) with vauge ideas on how to fix the system, false promises and multi disappointment. System is now waiting to go back and i think i will buy an evesham system.

sam-unwise 13:42 19 Nov 03

I've just posted my own message about my new multivision PC. Though I'd check out other forums and found your message. I've had similar problems to you (maybe not as severe). Multivision customer service is pretty poor - my new PC had to go back to base so they could format a harddrive! I've now got problems because USB ports aren't connected. Paid £1750 for PC and all in one printer. Overcharged for printer but not getting any response to request for refund of overcharge. Had same problem as you with courier. Arranged pick up one day but no show - because I booked it too late in the day! Funny how they arranged original delivery at 6:30 p m for next day with no problem. Return arranged for last monday but no show - they ran out of time! Meant I had to take 4 days off work plus 1 for original delivery of PC and another for delivery of printer because out of stock at time - wish they'd told me and I would have waited for all stuff to arrive together. Lost 6 days work waiting in for deliveries/collections and boss is going ballistic! At home again today with sick kid - no leave left for me for xmas - if I still have a job! Wish you luck with your refund. Hope PC adviser demote multivision right out of their top 10 charts - I certainly wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…