//some 3rd party need geo

Multivision - banging my head against a brick wall

Tuney 10:47 17 Oct 03

I bought an Ionix SP-2400A that arrived in the middle of July. Straight away the TV tuner didn't do it's job & one of the disk drives wouldn't open. After 2 days it just stopped working altogether apart from clunking. Contacted tech support straight away to have an engineer come out. By the start of October & 5 calls later I was going mad then (hurrah) engineer came last Tues (14/10). He told me that the hard drive was faulty, badly put together and had been from day one. He reported this to Multivision & said to reject the whole system which I did the next day. Said they'd ring back - NOTHING! Can't seem to get any joy, all I want is a PC that works. Bought it for my son to do his A level stuff. What can I do next? Thanx in anticipation.

Al94 13:29 17 Oct 03

Write to them by recorded delivery rejecting the PC and ask them to collect it and arrange a full refund within 7 days. If this doesn't happen, threaten them with Small Claims Court which is the ultimate tool. If you've waited from July to October to get an engineer, you want nothing further to do with this company.

rickf 14:18 17 Oct 03

Agree!

Forum Editor 01:25 19 Oct 03

that I agree with the others, this is a disgrace.

Perhaps you would keep us in the picture by updating this thread Tuney?

Al94 16:27 19 Oct 03

I would stick with "plan A" and seek an immediate refund.

Tuney 17:59 19 Oct 03

Thanx for your advice. God, it really irritates me that I've got to go to these lengths just to get the system that I paid for. Anyway,the story continues .. tried them again that afternoon and spoke to 'Ben'who found "no record" of my previous call. Said all the right things & gave me his direct email 2 keep in contact(?). He has offered for a courier to come next Thurs, pick up the base unit, take it for testing & then replacement or repair. Said it'd be back in a week although I'm pretty sceptical after reading others' experiences. So, the thing now is that do I go along with this or scratch the whole sorry thing, put it down to experience and get one from a local chappie. I'd be grateful for your thoughts. Thanx Forum Editor for your support, good to know that I'm not overreacting.

Al94 21:27 19 Oct 03

I posted a response to Tuney's last post at 16.27, his post now shows after mine at 17.59. I ain't telepathic so how did the post order and time change??

Forum Editor 00:35 20 Oct 03

I changed it.

I must have had a reason, but I'm not discussing it here. Nothing sinister, and nothing to worry about though - I'm sorry I puzzled you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…