Modge 18:28 19 Oct 04

When I lost my warranty when multivision went bankrupt I paid for a 24 months Warranty in August with
a company called Repair-Line. I have not needed their helpline or a call out BUT despite many phone calls to them and repeated promises to "call me back" I have not yet been given a warranty registration number or any acknowledgement that I have a Warranty. Does anyone have had any dealings with this company located in Castleford??

spuds 22:55 19 Oct 04

Some of these warranty companies do seem to delay the issue of documents.I have on two occassions obtained/purchased this type of warranty, and in both cases it took more than five/six weeks for the paperwork to come through. If you are really concerned, then I would suggest that you contact your credit card company, if that is the way you paid for the warranty.

As a matter of interest, how did you lose your warranty with the Multivision product.Some people purchased new warranties via third party companies when there were no real reason why they should have done so.

sidecar sid 23:52 19 Oct 04

Multivision bust many moons ago

click here

spuds 00:30 20 Oct 04

Thanks for the link. The Multivision saga covered a large amount of problems for the various owners of warranties for Multivision products, and in quite a number of cases people purchased new 'third party' warranties which they need not have done.Some people are still unaware that their previous warranty cover may still be valid via Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [Equal Liability] click here click here

spuds 11:27 20 Oct 04

Being a little curious about Repair-Line, I have made various checks into this company.They appear to be well documented in various directories, and here are a couple of links click here click here

It would also appears as though Repair-Line may have a connection with a company called Gibson Computers of Castleford WF10 1HH.[01977 512412]

Modge 16:32 22 Oct 04

To spuds. It is interesting to see Rapair Lines
Web page with the heavy emphasis on good customer
service etc.This is not borne out by my experience and certainly of others who have sent Repair line a lap top for repair and after 6 weeks still has not received the repaired item back.
I have looked thru' company reference books (Kelly's) in the Library in the hope I could get the names of
the owners/directors but without any luck. They are the people to pursue.
Which directory's have you looked at. I intend to
pursue this company to find out why they will not
acknowledge the fact that I have paid for a 2 year warranty.
when multivision went into liquidation Trading standards advised me to get in touch with the credit card I used to buy the computer.
after months of waiting I finally received
a credit to use to buy the Repair line warranty
plus £75 to cover a repair to the machine by PC World.

howesthat 11:26 16 Nov 04

repair line ackowledged my payment with the usual reference numbers and paperwork
however i have been waiting two weeks for them to repair my MV machine (hard drive problem)
on first phone call they quoted 2 working days no one rings back and whenever you ring tall they seem to be able to do is make a log of your call

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…