Multifunction with book scanner, good OCR software

Newuser964 22:17 07 Apr 08

PC Advisor May 2008 issue recommends HP PhotoSmart C4280 for good quality copies and prints, but its review at tinyurl.com/2QBECL says the paper sticks - had that before w. an HP machine, it was awful. I thought C5280 wld be the answer, but PC Advisor review says that its lid won't lift to allow scanning from books!

Any ideas on a good print/scan/copy machine, easy to use, good quality copies, which allows scanning from books and has good OCR? Printing of photos. less important; wld like economical machine in terms of ink costs, pref. taking triple-ink cartridge rather than separate cyan, magenta etc. Thanks for reading this - any ideas welcome

Richard T.

Newuser964 14:38 15 Apr 08

Anyone thought of a recommendation for me yet please?

Newuser2 19:50 15 Apr 08

I'm looking to get e new MFD and the one thats caught my attention is the Brother dcp770cw.
The reviews that I've seen all seem to recommend it.
Hope this helps

Newuser964 00:24 16 Apr 08

Thanks for the suggestion, Newuser2: I will certainly have a look at the machine you mention. It's quite a lot dearer than the C4280, and I shld be glad if I cld find one a bit closer to that in price, but if not will consider the dcp770cw.

Newuser964

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…