Multi Media Presentatiobn - what software?

Frijsenborg 20:32 23 Oct 04

I am about to buy a PC with a view to occasionally making digital photos (not video) into slide shows using background music, down-loaded from the Internet, and overlaid with my own spoken commentry and then burn the result onto DVDs for my grandchildren to watch on TV. Can anybody recommend a suitable software package and suggest what I need to keep in mind when specifying the hardware?

HIGHLAND GUY 21:34 23 Oct 04

Hi F, I'm no expert myself but i would think if you got xp pro as your operating system you'd find powerpoint ideal for multi media presentation as powerpoint comes with pro in the form of xp office. I would also advise to get the biggest hard drive you can you may not need all the space at first but you will be glad you went bigger in long run also built in card reader may prove useful if you are doing lots of photo work hope this helps.

TomJerry 22:25 23 Oct 04

Powerpoint great for producing multimedia presentation, but (1) PP files can not be directly brunt to dvd unless you have a converting program to do converting (2) Powerpoint is very expensive to get, it can be bought separately or with Pro version of MS Office (not MS WinXP suggested above).

Even you do not use video, what you want to produce is video (on DVD), so the best option is to use a video editing program which can use still images and voice over is very easy to add.

There are many package can do what you want to do, but the best low cost easy to use one is Ulead VideoStudio 8. You can download a trial version (fully functional) to find out click here.

TomJerry 22:30 23 Oct 04

Then use it to produce multi-media presentation, then you can convert it into DVD

PowerPoint to DVD $79.99 click here

HIGHLAND GUY 00:06 24 Oct 04

Sorry for the boo boo i did mean to say pro office,if you are buying new p.c why not try and get some of above mentioned software as part of deal o.e.m would suffice and wouldn't cost builder a lot so you get better deal aswell worth a try.

g0nvs 17:31 24 Oct 04

I use Pro-Show Gold, a superb program. Take a look here.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…