multi-function printers

offthewall 23:37 25 Jun 05

Hi folks,

Having just upgraded to a new PC with XP(sp2) I have found that my (5year)old scanner is not happy with the new OS. My similarly old Epson 760 printer has been really well used and will certainly be expiring before too long.
Hence, I have been thinking about an 'all-in-one' printer/scanner/copier.
I have a tendency towards Epson, as my 760 has proven to be streets ahead of other people's printers, over the years.
The spec and price of the CX3600 look appealing.
Any observations, criticisms, or suggestions, please.

Sapins 09:39 26 Jun 05

Hi,

I have just bought an Epson RX620 all in one and I am absolutely delighted with it.

The "copy" facility is so easy to use compared with a scanner and the ease with which you can enlarge/reduce and print without needing the computer is a real boon.

I had an Epson Perfection scanner and a Photo 895 printer set up which I have sold, do not hesitate, go for an all in one.

Regards,

Sapins.

spuds 11:11 26 Jun 05

I use a couple of multi-function HP and Lexmark machines, both very good and very reliable, but print cartridges can get expensive, especially in the photo mode. Epson are renown for good quality machines and cheaper cartridge replacements, so you should have a good purchase.

Here is a couple of websites that could be of interest click here click here

pj123 14:45 26 Jun 05

The only thing I have against MFDs is that if one module goes wrong the whole thing goes wrong. I had a friend who had a Xerox MFD. It would scan but it wouldn't print. Only way out was to put it in the bin and buy another printer and a separate scanner. I, personally, would not buy an MFD. I have two Epson printers, Stylus 895 and an Epson R200 plus an Epson 3170 scanner.

Europa 15:32 26 Jun 05

Look here click here
Had mine for a little while, still in love with it.

ZZET 20:09 26 Jun 05

Hi just bought the epson cx3600 online from comet £65.89 And free delivery.
Really pleased with,i recomend it at that price.
Use choicestationary for your ink.

offthewall 22:30 26 Jun 05

Thanks folks,
I think you answered my question.

Aspman 11:26 27 Jun 05

I luv my Canon MP360. Carts are 99p (black and colour) from cartex.co.uk.

pj123 17:49 01 Jul 05

OK, if you think this has been answered can you please tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…