MSN Plus & MSN Premium -is it a good deal?

shaduf 21:26 26 Apr 04

Computer Active today contained a disc from MSoft offering the above products £3.99 and £6.99 per month after a two month free trial.

Contains all sorts of goodies including McAfee VirusScan, McAfee Personal Firewall, Junk Killer, Pop Up Killer all automatically updated and loads of software including Msoft Encarta Premium.

Seems like a good deal and worth a punt?

Diodorus Siculus 22:33 26 Apr 04

Nothing there without a free equivalent as far as I can see.

Try Avast Anti Virus; Sygate Personal Firewall; Mailwasher; and no end of popup stoppers.

ade.h 23:24 26 Apr 04

Plus and Premium services without the extras you mention are £15 and £20 per annum respectively. If you like their advantages (no account lapse and extra storage) then sign up on msn.com and get some of the many free apps that Diodorus Siculus has suggested. £4-7 per month is a bit steep, though it might be worth it for Encarta if it's a full version that you can use independently of your MSN subscription after the minimum contract ends.

johnnie_mcdougall 13:44 29 Apr 04

Hi,I've been on this around about a month now, claiming my 2 months free, and I have had 0 problems, nice pop up killer, good AV software and a firewall...I uninstalled Nortons to use this a bit apprehensive to start, but found no problems at all, and the fact I can log in anywhere in the world using MSN software and get my own favourites etc, very impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…