MSN Mobile Messaging

s4wrs 19:49 01 Sep 06

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant!

I have just signed up [ read ‘purchased’!] for "MSN Mobile Messaging" via their new "Windows Live Messenger" service – Version 8.

Two problems have occurred since!

First, I could not discover why my messages sent to a mobile phone did not arrive; instead the intended recipient only receives a message saying “Welcome to MSN ! You recently received a message via MSN Messenger. To learn more, visit click here.”

Is it me, or is the message singularly unhelpful? How is Joe user on his/her mobile phone going to access the web site (or have the inclination) to find the information? [I know many of the latest mobile phones have web browsing capability (including my own), but most of my mobile phone owning mates would not have a clue!]. My technical mobile savvy daughter (over 21) just gave up – the message does not even give the recipient a clue as to the original ‘sender’!

Eventually, having searched to the very 'sole' of Microsoft, I eventually extrapolated from the following, obviously US based/consumer directed web page, click here that the recipient has to first ‘accept by’ replying to the text message - they do this by sending/replying to the original MSN message ….. Send letter "A" to "A"ccept.

Why couldn’t Microsoft include this instruction with the (above) Welcome Message?

Second problem, and only following my outlay [ a whole 2 GBP?! – but its the principle!], did I discover it imposes a measly 129 characters limit to each message sent. I concede, this may be UK phone industry imposed limit [can anyone confirm?], but, again, surely Microsoft could make this fact clearer in their sales pitch?

Is it me, or is this poor product communication and miserly service by Microsoft, well below there usual high standard?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…