MSN and hotmail

obbit 19:30 07 Apr 04

hi everyone. just got an email fron MSN regarding storage space in my hotmail account.

if i receive big emails due to pictures or big files and my account goes over 2mb the account will be frozen. not very customer friendly. when i opened the account i accepted this limit. i feel that they are just doing this so as to sell their paid for accounts. one way of generating income, but, another way of losing a few customers too. it would be better if they just didn't deliver any more emails once the limit was reached.

any comments on the Google email service soon to be started? they will scan your emails and insert subject related adverts into them. not very private having your emails scanned?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:38 07 Apr 04

What. may I ask, do you expect for free?

G

obbit 19:41 07 Apr 04

yes i know. but once they freeze your account it's gone and i use the account for nearly everything. it would be a task to let every body know. i just thought they could do anything but stop the account.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:51 07 Apr 04

If the account is that important to you the money will be no object.

G

obbit 19:52 07 Apr 04

i'm skint mate lol

mole44 19:56 07 Apr 04

there all scanned by eschelon i think anyway

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:02 07 Apr 04

Echelon :-)))
G

Forum Editor 22:00 07 Apr 04

by Echelon is a myth. Email from certain sources to certain destinations is certainly scanned (and not just by Echelon), but your fanmail to Kylie is likely to sail through unread - even by Kylie.

This whole business of free email accounts is a fascinating one, and there are lots of angles. One of them is that nothing on the Internet can be expected to be truly free in all respects for much longer - there's going to be a price of some kind in the end.

simonp1 07:38 08 Apr 04

Well why not use your Outlook account or your ISP account for large emails?? I only use my msn for my gaming buddies, any emails goes into my mail account.

As GANDALF <|:-)> said, well its free so why complain.

As a valued customer, we want to remind you if your MSN Hotmail e-mail account goes over the 2 MB storage limit, it will automatically be frozen. This means you may not be able to send or receive any new messages, and all messages sent to you will bounce back to the sender without notification.

Or you could just delete to file, once downloaded, so your account will not go over the 2 MB storage. Then all will be well, if i read this right

tomleady 09:42 08 Apr 04

you can still get into you account with Hotmail, you just cant recieve and new mail or send,like simonp1 said.

so login, download then delete the massive file, problem solved. or buy the 100mb facility off them. think its about $60.

T

obbit 20:11 08 Apr 04

thanks every one for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…