MSI Motherboards and AGP8x

CalmCookie 12:32 21 Nov 03

I have an MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard which has, as one of it's features, AGP8x - to quote:Provides advanced system bandwidth to enhance graphics performance.
I decided recently to upgrade my card to the top spec available and bought an MSI FX5950 Ultra. The card works fine when in 2d applications such as viewing the Internet or working on documents.....BUT as soon as it enters a game with 3d intense graphics the PC crashes. I have all the latest drivers and BIOS installed.
Then I went to MSI's forum and researched this problem and found that this is a common problem with AGP8x and the FX5600 and above graphics cards.

click here

click here

It would appear from these threads that MSI have possibly found the cure for their latest motherboard, the K7N2....but what about those which are a bit older but still are meant to support AGP8x.

Come on MSI, I am starting to lose confidence in you and think it may be time to go elsewhere for my PC components.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…