MS Office 2007 Basic - How to re-install

Alan2 18:12 05 Feb 07

I am looking to purchase a new PC in the next month or so and see that MS Office 2007 Basic - OEM (No CD) - costs around £125 pre-installed and the purchaser simply buys a license to open it.

Can anyone explain how, in the event of a major issue, the application can be reinstalled without any kind of recovery disc?

Jimmy14 18:20 05 Feb 07

I can only think of making an image of your operating system with office installed, drivers and anti-virus etc using something like Acronis True Image 10 then if something was to go drastically wrong you could load that image back on. Another small backup is to make a system restore point when you install Office then if something not too major goes wrong, you can restore it back to a previous date with office installed. It would be a whole lot easier to have a disc with the install files you know.

Alan2 18:26 05 Feb 07

Thanks Jimmy, I already backup with Acronis so it wouldn't be too much extra trouble to use that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…