MS Money - Alternatives?

phoenix198 12:15 13 Jun 09

Now that MS have announced that they will no longer support MS Money from 30 June 2010(?), can anyone recomend an alternative personal finance manager that is compatible with MS Money files?

smokingbeagle 13:34 13 Jun 09
  Simsy 14:31 13 Jun 09

click here

I've no experience of it, but it has a free trial, and then only £26 to buy.

Might be worth it

Regards,

Simsy

Woolwell 18:44 13 Jun 09

I've no experience of Personal Accountz
click here

Woolwell 18:46 13 Jun 09

There is also Moneybox click here but I don't know if it can import from Money

phoenix198 12:24 14 Jun 09

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

None of these appear to support the default MS Money file extension (.mny) or will accept an imported file in that format but I guess that was probably too much to ask for - I'll have to experiment with exporting Money to a batch of QIF or CSV files and see how it goes.

Moneydance click here looks to be another possibility, and has one advantage over some of the others - multi-platform support - given that I am considering switching to a Mac while my partner is determinedly sticking with Windows.

Pine Man 13:21 14 Jun 09

Why do you need an alternative if MS are removing the support?

Money 2005 is the latest version of the UK software and it works perfectly. Why would you need support for it?

If you're looking for an online version of MS Money you could try our service at click here

While it doesn't support .mny files it autoconnects (securely!) to your online banking and gives you options to set budgets and alerts as well as track your spending.

Hope this helps!

phoenix198 23:37 15 Jun 09

Actually that's a very good point!

Then again, I haven't installed Money 2004 (the version I have) on Windows 7 yet so I don't know whether it is or will remain compatible.

Pine Man 08:25 16 Jun 09

I have got 2005 which works perfectly on Vista and in the next day or so I will be trying it on Windows 7.

Pamy 12:35 16 Jun 09

Hi phoenix198, am I correct in assuming that you currenty use MS Money?
If so, just because it will not be supported after July 10, does not mean that it will suddenly stop working and not do all that you use it for now in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…