MS Journal Viewer - Windows Update 329170

bremner 11:03 02 Feb 03

I pass this on in case any one else has problems.

Whilst generally exploring the functions of XP I happened to look at the Event Viewer in Component Services. I was surprised to see that since 25/01/03 I had a succession of warnings and errors. I was previously unaware of any problems with the machine. On examining these errors they all relate to problems around MS Journal Viewer – a typical explanation being

“An installation package for the product Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi'.”

Now I have certainly not knowingly installed MS Journal Viewer which I have discovered is something to do with MS Tablet PC’s.

I have checked my Windows updates and low and behold on 25/01/03 I had an update described as ‘329170: Security Update (Windows XP)’

Whilst there have been no obvious problems with my machine it is worrying that this update has obviously created an issue with my machine.

bremner 11:04 02 Feb 03

Doh!! Wrong Forum

Will tick and post to Helproom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…