MS Combat flight sim 3 fixes!

'oppy 22:08 08 Feb 03

A download fix has been released for this sim for the english version, here

click here

But you need to have directx 9.0 insalled as well before you can use it here

click here

Read the documentation on the sites

ams4127 18:23 09 Feb 03

Thanks 'Oppy. I've just installed Directx 9 so I'll get the patch now.

ulrich 12:43 10 Feb 03

Hi ams4127 how is it going with dx9 and the patch?

ams4127 18:53 10 Feb 03

Just got in from work. Going to try it in the next hour or so, will post back then.

ams4127 20:53 10 Feb 03

I've now played it for about an hour and, apart from a new intro, I really can't see much difference.

I will admit that I am pushing things slightly because I am using an AMD Athlon 1G with a GeForce 2 Ultra (41.09) drivers.

I guess I'll have to admit that I need an upgrade or two shortly! I am loath to do so because CFS3 is the only programme which causes a few problems. It's quite playable but with some dropped frames even though I have dropped the quality as far as I can.

Now all I have to do is convince my wife that I need to spend some money. Any ideas?!

ulrich 18:35 11 Feb 03

I've downloaded everything, and I'm back with a problem I had before with the 41.09 nvidia drivers. When I play the graphics are good, but it keeps flickering and blacking out. IL2 Sturmovik is no problem. I will try the 30.82 drivers again.

ams4127 19:52 11 Feb 03

Please let me know how you get on. I may revert to the 30.82 drivers myself.

I had enormous problems with the 41.09 previously, probably due to not completely uninstalling the older set first.

Since I had to reinstall XP from scratch I thought I would try the newer drivers with no older ones to mess things up. I have had no repeat of the original troubles and everything works fine.

As I said earlier, I am pushing things somewhat trying to run CFS3 on my setup. What setup are you using?

ulrich 12:17 12 Feb 03

Hi ams4127, no luck at all with the 41.09, on CFS3 useless, and a 3D Mark of 8500, with the 30.82 a lot better and a 3D Mark of 9700. I notice the 41.09s are not WHQL signed, so I'm leaving that for now, and wait and see. Keep in touch on this one.

ulrich 12:19 12 Feb 03

I do have a GF4200 and Ath 2200, the processor helps a lot.

ams4127 19:58 12 Feb 03

Hi Ulrich

I'll bet it does!

This coming weekend I am going to fit a second HDD and reinstall XP using the 30.82 and DirectX 8. Before I get rid of the disk I am currently using I will do a direct comparison between the new system and the one I am using now. If you follow what I mean!

I'll do a check on the FPS in CFS3 in both systems and let you know the results.

My processor really isn't powerful enough. Heading into a dive bombing mission and with all sorts being flung at me by some very anti social enemies, it takes a considerable amount of time before my 'Drop Bombs' command is executed as the processor is overwhelmned by everything else going on. By the time my bombs are on their way I have been shot down!!

I'll keep in touch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…