MS AntiSpyware or Counterspy - which way to go?

richard-171666 00:37 05 Jun 05

Currently using IE but considering moving to Firefox however am unsure which spyware would be more appropriate or even if I should depart from IE. Appreciate any advice in this direction.

Diodorus Siculus 07:29 05 Jun 05

SpywareBlaster is a good option: SpywareBlaster
click here

That will block Spyware.

For options re. removal of spyware: click here

click here

click here

Home - The home of Spybot-S&D!
click here

mahalo 20:36 05 Jun 05

After reading the comparison tests in June PCA, I am asking the same question. At the moment I have the 30 day trial of Spysweeper and it's blocking items that my other spyware did not and I was going to buy the years protection, but Counterspy looks very atractive and cheaper.

maz2 23:49 05 Jun 05

I have the Microsoft one and it seems pretty good, I also have spybot and spywareblaster

Totally-braindead 15:36 06 Jun 05

I signed for Counterspy, due to the review and to the cost, if you buy 2 licences you get it cheaper and can run it on 2 computers, did that and split the cost with a friend, I also have Spybot and AdAware. The Microsoft one may be charged for later on and if so theres no details of costs, at least I know how much the Counterspy costs so I've chosen that. Which way to go? Don't know and can't advise but you can see what I've chosen to use.

Ancient Learner 15:49 06 Jun 05

Counterspy.

The Moog 18:11 06 Jun 05

Have to agree with Counterspy myself too. The Microsoft package is free however but it does mis items that Counterspy picks up. Depends on how well you want your protection to work.

I'd also advise keeping Spybot S+D and AdAware on your PC and up to date - nothing at all wrong with a second and third opinion.

Forum Editor 18:38 06 Jun 05

a big Counterspy fan.

I love software that just gets on with it, doesn't intrude more than absolutely neccessary, and then only to tell you "I've done my job, sorted out the problems, and you have nothing to worry about".

richard-171666 22:23 06 Jun 05

Looks like Counterspy, thanks for all your inputs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…