MP3 v ogg vorbis ?

thisisnighthawk 10:26 26 Feb 04

anyone using it? if so, what software do you use?, they do say the latter is better than mp3, i did read that "freerip" software was good, but i could not get my head around it, so could not get it to work...anyone any thoughts...thanks

Tim1964 22:48 26 Feb 04

Ogg files are not as widely supported as mp3s (at the mo') I tend to convert my music files to wma as I use WMP and they are approx 1/2 the size for the same quality. e.g. 128k bitrate for mp3 sounds the same as 64k bitrate wma. A piece of software I tried was 'ACE-HIGH ogg/wma/wav converter' (full version $20) but have started using dbPowermax as it's freeware. You can use it to convert anything to anything (within reason of course) You need to download the 'codec' to have dbPowermax to convert .ogg files but it's a small download and provides it's own links/install.

Good luck.

thisisnighthawk 22:53 26 Feb 04

thanks for that, i was beginning to think no one knew what i was on about..i will give dbpowermax a try........thanks again.

Ron

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…