mp3 players charging via USB?

ZootHornRollo 22:57 28 Jun 04

I am looking to buy a small mp3 to take on holiday abroad but a lot of the ads say they recharge via USB rather than a power cable ? Is this right or am I just reading it wrong as I didn't think USB cables did this. Clearly this would be not suitable for going abroad as I'd have to be able ro use a USB rather than just plug the thing in

kinger 23:11 28 Jun 04

Most that charge via USB can also be charged in the normal way.

Have a word with these guys, they're the best at customer service and cheapest for players.

click here

researcher 23:15 28 Jun 04

Some MP3 players have fixed or removable LI-ION batteries that are powered by the USB cable. If the LI-ION battery is removable you can at least carry a spare but are stuck if these run out - unless you have a seperate LI-ION charger!

If you need more flexibility, go for one that has removable AA or AAA bateries, at least then you can carry spares. Some models even have a removable LI-ION pack that can be replaced with AAA batteries

HXP 23:45 28 Jun 04

I've got an iPAQ 2210 whic I charge via a USB lead also use a battery extender which is ( basically) a box that holds 4 x AA batteries that then recharge the batteries in the iPAQ.

Try Shirt for battery extenders they should be able to advise ...

Charence 12:48 29 Jun 04

This is TRUE, I didn't think it was until I accidently left my MP3 player attached to my computer for a few hours.

Rechargable batteries get recharged, however, at a much slower rate than using a battery charger. And if you are using NiCad batteries, not NiMH then I would advise you to not charge until you know the battery is dead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…