//some 3rd party need geo

MP3 Players

Dellman 14:10 27 May 05

I'm looking into buying an MP3 player and the choice is between a 20GB iPOD or Creative Zen Touch 20GB White.

I've seen some write-ups. Intially, I would have gone for the iPOD, but from what I have read, it appears that to go for an iPOD may be a case of "style over substance". The Zen has superior battery life and does WMA files as well as MP3. The Zen is also cheaper.

Anyone got any views/information that I ought to consider?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 15:17 27 May 05

I would go with the Zen, but that is my opinion.

The fact that battery life is cheaper and i hve heard i you drop an ipod it will break the hard disk inside.

Goodluck with the choice! :D

Jdoki 15:45 27 May 05

I too have read many reviews praising the Creative Zen.

Personally I have a Creative Zen Micro 5GB - love it, and glad I chose it over the iPod.

alan9900 16:48 27 May 05

i would go for the zen 20 gig, sound quality is very good and can play more file types than the ipod

Totally-braindead 18:06 27 May 05

I've got to be honest here, I've never actually used either of them. But taking the reviews into account that I've seen on the subject the Zen seems to be better. If it was me I'd go for either the Zen or the I-River equivalent but as I said this is only taking the reviews in to account as I've only got my flash MP3 player. The iPOD is great don't get me wrong but when other companies do a similar or better item for the same or lower price then you're better of getting one of them, incidently Sony have just brought out a MP3 player click here and it may be worth a look as well.

Adz1310 22:03 27 May 05

ive had a zen since christmas and had no problems with it. though could be slightly smaller!!

Crash 00:15 28 May 05

not considered an iriver h320?

intensityblue 02:52 28 May 05

There really is only one option now, and thast is the new Sony NW HD5.

I had one from the states and it should be available here at the end of May. Both in size, sound quality, ease of use and with respect to the fact that the battery is more durable than the ipods and replaceable, there really is no other choice at this time. The sonic stage software is the only downside, but very intuitive in use.

It is also incredibly sexy. Get the black one, but also available in red or silver.

click here

intensityblue 02:52 28 May 05

There really is only one option now, and thast is the new Sony NW HD5.

I had one from the states and it should be available here at the end of May. Both in size, sound quality, ease of use and with respect to the fact that the battery is more durable than the ipods and replaceable, there really is no other choice at this time. The sonic stage software is the only downside, but very intuitive in use.

It is also incredibly sexy. Get the black one, but also available in red or silver.

click here

Dellman 09:36 28 May 05

thanx

any more opinions?

mikef. 11:21 28 May 05

Another Zen user, not the one you are going for but the original zen, this is my second Creative started with the original Jukebox, and I wouldn't consider any other make, certainly not,in my opinion, the overrated overhyped iPop, the only change I would consider is if I decide to upgrade to the Creative media player.

In the 2 years I've had this one it has had no problems and has travelled all over the world with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…