MP3 Player (Flash-Based) Advice

Master.mind 11:48 28 Aug 05

I'm looking for an MP3 player with a capacity or 512Mb to 1024Mb but am confused by the vast range of manufacturers and models.

Could anyone offer me some recommendations?

Thanks.

Aspman 13:42 29 Aug 05

I got a DAH1000X (256) from MP3players.com. They have a big range of models other than those from the big names. Often worth looking at other models for something different.

I'd look for one that takes AAA batteries rather than a built in battery so it's easy to swop rather then looking for a charging point.

Get one with a radio, handy when batteries are going down.

Look at the format options. I wanted one that would play ASF files and MP3s. I've been told that Ogg Vorbis (OGG) encoded tracks sound very good so that might be one to look out for.

interzone55 09:25 31 Aug 05

Try a Creative MuVo N200, comes in black or white and a 1Gb one costs about £82 on Amazon (I think it's been renamed Nano now though).

It plays MP3, WMA & WAV. Has a radio and doesn't need drivers or software installed. The headphones are a bit ropy so Get a pair of Sennieser MX400s from Argos.

Alan

pj123 13:06 31 Aug 05

I have the Mobliblu DAH220.

Full description:

DAH-220 is an MP3 player shaped like a cassette tape but works like a real cassette tape when it is inserted into a cassette deck. Out of the cassette deck, it does everything MP3 players are supposed to do. It is so slim and light that you can easily carry it with you in any place. Simply press the play button on the cassette deck or the player to get the best sound quality through earphones of the player or speakers of your cassette deck. It has a built-in 256 mb or 512 mb Memory but can expand the memory size through the built-in MMC slot. Direct Encoding and Voice Recording (up to 18 hours) is also possible. The built-in rechargeable battery enables 10 hours continous music play. It will turn on automatically when it is inserted into the cassette deck through its AUTO POWER ON function.

Mine is the 256mb version but I have a 256mb MMC card giving me 512mb. I can add more cards as and when I need them.

Unfortunately, I can only see it available on eBay now, but if you want to see a picture of it go to: click here

Handy for me as I don't have a CD player in my car, so I just put it in the cassette player.

pj123 16:12 31 Aug 05

Just found a site that appears to have the one I have got in stock.

click here

both versions 265mb and 512mb

Aspman 17:03 31 Aug 05

I saw Asda selling the Mobiblu Dah1000x just the other day. I think is was a little cheaper online.

BOOMSONG 21:32 04 Sep 05

Can anyone give me some advice on the Creative Zen Sleek 20gb. I have heard this is a really good mp3 player and some say better than an Ipod 20gb.Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now