Mozilla firefox

Forum Editor 18:08 24 Feb 04

I've been testing it for a while, and have to say I'm extremely impressed. Does any share (or disagree with) my opinion?

Belatucadrus 18:51 24 Feb 04

I've been running it for a week or so, so far found it stable, fast, with a better control layout than Mozilla itself. I like the way new tabs open in the background rather than blocking the open screen and I even like some of the skins available. So far very impressed.

IClaudio 18:56 24 Feb 04

and I'm very impressed. It's going to take a while to get used to as it's a different mindset to IE6, but I'll persevere.

I particularly like the background loading of pages and the ultra-customisable interface, with dozens of plug-ins.

Forum Editor 19:02 24 Feb 04

any faster than IE? I fancy I detect a slight speed increase on a broadband connection, but I may be deluding myself.

Falkyrn 19:20 24 Feb 04

I've also found this latest build to be far more stable than previous ones and I've also noticed the speed increase

Edstow 19:41 24 Feb 04

Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago for website compatibility testing. Now finding I use it more and more as the general purpose browser.

Very impressed so far, and yes, it does seem fast.

Ed

Belatucadrus 20:43 24 Feb 04

Yes it does seem faster, but I've not run any comparisons with IE to confirm it.

PurplePenny 22:21 24 Feb 04

Is it very different to its old incarnation of Firebird? I like that a lot but haven't got around to downloading Firefox.

PP

PS can I crack my Firefox joke again since no-one got it last time ... huh? ... huh? ... oh go on...

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:01 25 Feb 04

Is it me or is Firefox rather similar to Avant browser, of which, I swear by?

G

redelf 12:00 25 Feb 04

I had been using Firebird for some time as my preferred browser and find the new Firefox even better. The automatic pop-up blocker is superb. Regarding speed, I do find it, subjectively, faster than IE and, for some reason downloads seem faster than before.
Using it the other night, Firefox also displayed a warning notice that a web site had attempted to open without my permission and asked if I wanted it or not - this was not a firewall warning , it was from the Firefox browser itself.
I also liked the way it automatically imported my IE favourites. Another handy feature is the one-button clearing of cookies, history, temp files etc. Easily superior to IE and now my browser of choice.

JerryJay 12:22 25 Feb 04

The best thing about firefox/firebird is you can change web page display font size which you cannot with some web site with IE. I actually like firebird better than firefox because you do not need to install with firebird. I do not like any program which install things all over places. Why don't they keep the simplicity of firebird with firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…