Movie making software - Vegas style

alfo 21:08 02 Jan 06

Has anyone any experience of Sony Vegas Moviestudio or Video 6? I'm looking for something better than Pinnacle but Vegas seems almost unheard of this side of the Atlantic and there are few dealers. Is it worth the change?

MichelleC 13:22 03 Jan 06

Vegas is probably the best dv editing suite there is. I've tried them all, including Pinnacle. It's got the least errors and is the most versatile and powerful. The support formum is extremely informative and friendly too.

David4637 17:01 03 Jan 06

Michelle - Three questions on your reply?

1. If Vegas is best how much is it?

2. In your experience which is second best. I use Studio Version 943 and apart from the odd crash/freeze its not bad for video conversion to DVD?

3. Can you give us a link to the Vegas formum?

Thanks David

alfo 21:16 03 Jan 06

It was good reports on the Pinnacle forums @ pinnaclesys.com (from disgruntled Studio 10 users!) which made me curious but I have not found much evidence of Vegas in the UK. Obviously I don't want to waste money on upgrading a duff Studio 9 if there is something better out there. Vegas Movie Studio+DVD6 costs £55 - around £80 depending where you look with more expensive options available. Vegas 6 is nearer £300 I think but classed as a "professional" bit of kit.

FUl2tiV3 22:21 03 Jan 06

click here

click here

have used moviestudio since it was released as videofactory by sonic foundry. now owned by sony, moviestudio comes with dvd architect. best ordered as a web download. can download fully working trial, except no saving/burning.

the support forums are on par with pc advisor, and that's saying something!

all edits/fx etc rendered in real time, and the whole operation is done in a traditional linear tape editing fashion. it is, for me, the quickest, most efficient, and most reliable video editor possible.

peerless, and unsurpassed. i like it. lots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced