moved home but BT phone still active

finerty 21:42 26 Sep 13

Ive moved to a new home and have discovered the previous owner hasnt stopped his Bt line or his broadband wedont have a broadband router.

I havent made any phone calls but who is laible to disconnect it. me or theprevoiusowner

finerty 21:43 26 Sep 13

sirry my space bar is playing up

lotvic 22:33 26 Sep 13

I would notify BT of the situation then you can't be held liable for any bills.

Previous owner will be liable for his own bills and the final settlement of his broadband contract.

BT 08:34 27 Sep 13

Can you still make calls on the line?

I think you will find that even if the previous occupant has terminated his service the line will still have a dial tone. BT don't normally physically disconnect the line now they just disable the service. You will find the line will still be available for emergency 999 calls but nothing else.

We still have a BT line from 8 years ago when we moved here but its not active as I've detailed above. We don't use it as we have Virgins services.

spuds 09:54 27 Sep 13

If you can still make calls from the line, then notify BT, because someone's account might be still active and racking up monthly charges. You wouldn't want a demand letter popping in the door, then trying to explain at a later date!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…