Mouse

lennisf 02:01 12 Jun 03

Which mouse would you recommend? I cant find mouse reviews here. I'm looking for nice usability :) and good prices. (budget mouses :)
Thanks

-pops- 07:49 12 Jun 03

Suggest an optical mouse (no ball to get gunged up). NOT a cordless - these need feeding with batteries or be put on a charger (which many people forget to do - result - mouseless or back to you old one).

I use Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. Not the cheapest (not the most expensive either, I got this one free though as an extra with M$ Office XP). It's in daily use, all day and still going strong after more than a year. This is the longest time a mouse has worked with me, most previous (cheap) ones giving up after about six months. Just had a look at its underside and there's not a trace of muck or gunge.

I use a piece of white paper as a mousemat which doubles as a doodle pad which I throw out when it's grubby or full of doodles/notes.

Brian

Mysticnas 12:27 12 Jun 03

MS mice are usually the best mice. Most people use them. I got my MS Intellimouse mouse optical for around £40 over 2yrs ago. I didn't get the explorer because i'm left handed, and it's pitty that a lot of the more decent mice are specifically contoured for the RIGHTY's!!!!

NOT FAIR!!!

Sir Radfordin™ 13:03 12 Jun 03

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer is a great mouse with good range on the wireless front.

Insider info: Misco (click here) buy them for £28.20 and sell them for about £38. Bought one from them for £35.

fatsam 13:32 12 Jun 03

Would agree that intellimouse explorer (V.3) is the way to go. I bought mine for less than £25.00 from click here

It's oem with no nice packaging or software but you can download the intellipoint software from Microsoft FOC.

canard 18:47 12 Jun 03

Ebuyer do VERY inexpensive optical mice. Mine and dickmay's [he put me on to this superbuy] are performing really well.

wee eddie 19:20 12 Jun 03

I know it's Time's front window, but it was cheap. Under a tenner at the time, now about £12.

Nearly a year old, goes everywhere in my ruck sack and even works on a grass lawn, although it did jump about a bit there.

The Spires 19:35 12 Jun 03

'even works on a grass lawn' each to his/her own. ;-)

SGT BARNES 19:41 12 Jun 03

BUY THE LOGITECH MX700 , ITS OPTICAL , CORDLESS , AND RECHARGEABLE , IT GOES A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE RECHARGED .

YOU'LL NEVER NEED ANYTHING ELSE AND IT OUT PERFORMS ALL THE OTHERS.

-pops- 19:46 12 Jun 03

"IT GOES A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE RECHARGED ."

Firstly, there is no need to shout.

Second, I wonder how many times users have forgotten to recharge and the mouse has died on them mid-stroke?

mole44 20:09 12 Jun 03

lucky me got sent logitec corless keyboard and optical mouse by mistake,told logitec,they said keep it,lucky me i`d recomend it its a great piece of kit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…