motherboard upgrade but not memory

bignoze41 15:54 20 Oct 05

i have just changed my motherboard and cpu but not my memory will this matter?? my motherboard is a 478 socket with 8oofsb agpx8 cpu3gb but my memory is only 2100 by 333 mhz should i change it to 3200 by400mhz as my new motherboard will take it or does it not matter i was told it would slow down my pc??

DieSse 16:41 20 Oct 05

Your older RAM will be slower than faster RAM - but not by that much. It's all down to whether you feel the need for a tad more speed, or more money left in your pocket.

DieSse 16:42 20 Oct 05

BTW - how much RAM do you have now - and what kind of things do you do on the system - and what kind of graphics do you have???

bignoze41 20:34 20 Oct 05

i have 1gb of ram and my graphics card is gforce 5700le is it best to upgrade graphics or memory /cant do both at the minute.

DieSse 01:18 21 Oct 05

To run what sort of programs? For games I would have thought better graphics - but I'm no expert on games requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…