Morrisons launch own inkjet cartridges

Stuartli 09:25 23 Oct 03

Got a flyer from Morrisons in the local free paper last night with details of the supermarket store's new inkjet cartridges range.

They are compatible with Canon, HP, Epson, Lexmark and some Apple, Samsung, Compaq and Kodak printers and fax machines.

The basic black cartridge for Canon models, including BJ 5100 to C80 is £2.49; £2.99 for the Epson; £11.99 for a range of HP printers and £14.49 for Lexmark and Samsung. An Epson colour cartridge is £4.99 and the offers are available until at least November 2nd.

Also listed are two BOGOF offers. Kodak Inkjet Picture Paper in 4x6in glossy is £5.99 for 20 sheets (two packs) and the Heavier Weight 210x297mm £6.99 for 25 sheets (two packs); one wonders why the larger sized paper works out so much cheaper..

The final offer is Morrisons' branded printer paper at £2.29 for 500 sheets or two for £4.

I don't know how the inkjet cartridges stack up pricewise against other outlets but Morrisons always sells high quality products, especially its own brand versions.

You'll also find the stores offer some of the lowest prices around for thousands of branded food, home and similar products if you pay a visit....:-)

Website is:

click here

but these offers are not listed.

MidgetMan 14:19 23 Oct 03

Unfortunately I live in a part of the country where Morrison's do not have outlets, However with the recent takeovers I live in hope. I remember Morrison's from when I lived in Newark years ago and even then they were very competitive.
The prices you qoute are very good, but why are the HP's always so more expensive than others????

Stuartli 14:30 23 Oct 03

Probably because it's a great money spinner for HP..:-)

My Canon uses four cartridges: black, cyan, magenta and yellow.

They cost about £2 each from CPC in Preston with the double capacity black version about 50p more.

These are by Jettech but, until recently, CPC sold the JR equivalents at the same price; only difference was that there were TWO cartridges in each pack.

Even more fascinating was that JR's own website listed the cartridges at more than £6 on its own website and that was for one, not two, cartridges.

fitfella29 16:17 23 Oct 03

think i`ll have to pay a visit to morrisons.

Does anyone know if the Epson cartridges are the chipped variety?

pj123 17:36 23 Oct 03

Morrisons do have some good offers, but they only last for a certain period. I get all my ink cartridges and "special paper" from Choice Stationery at click here They have just emailed me to say that they have reduced their prices even further. I have chipped cartridge and non-chipped cartridge Epson printers and have never had any problem with any of them.

Stuartli 23:52 23 Oct 03

I don't believe that Morrisons would start to advertise inkjet cartridges with their own brand name on them if they were not intending to sell them for some considerable period of time.....

Wilham 12:02 24 Oct 03

I don't use Epson myself but I see that in-store this morning Morrisons sell a small electrical chipper device for Epson carts at £6-99.

pj123 12:34 24 Oct 03

Sorry, Stuartli I didn't mean that as a slur on Morrisons.

If they are branding themselves, looks like an ongoing venture then.

Stuartli 13:34 24 Oct 03

I didn't take it that way - usually, as you say, its offers last only a shortish period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now