Morphing Compact Flash ?

Cheesy_55 11:42 22 May 03

Just wanted to share my experiences of buying a CF card over the internet with you. I purchased a 256Mb CF card and a 128Mb memory stick from last November. Delivery was quick - and I began using the Samsung 256Mb CF card that I had received. Recently images began corrupting on the CF card and so last week I sent this back to Photoglossy (whose sister company is MX2 I understand) for replacement. Yesterday I received an email stating "indeed we did supply you with a cf256, but the item you have returned to us is not that supplied. You have returned a Samsung card and the only ones we have ever stocked were Intergral and memory gold." I spoke to a company representative (Director) today on the telephone and the dicussion turned in to my word against theirs and basically as I could not prove that I had received the Samsung model they would not be prepared to replace or refund. Had the CF card been a make that they recognised I got the impression that I would not have had a refund as my claim "was within 3 days of the 6 month policy". My suggestion that it was although it was within three days but still within their 6 month policy did not appear to hold any water at all.

Given that the company say they did not send me this card can I thank the charitable person out there sending CF cards to the needy !

Lead 05:39 24 May 03

Have you tried Samsung themselves? Maybe they can replace it under a manufacturers warranty.

Lead 05:41 24 May 03

I'm yet to actually do it, but everytime I hear of a story like this I wonder whether I should film myself opening parcels! At least then if there is a debate over whether an item was included, or damaged, or incorrect, I have evidence to support my claim. :)

anchor 12:56 24 May 03

Samsung UK have a service team phone number:

0870 242 0303

Try them after the holiday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…