More on Talk Talk BB Carphone Warehouse

rickf 11:08 27 Apr 06

For those interested. Just got back for the above and here is the info from the horse's mouth.
Lots of applicants and waitng list is just over a month. Up to 8mb speed depending on your exchange, capped at 40g a month, includes free local and some international calls for the odd £20. I think a very good deal

welshbenson 11:51 27 Apr 06

I'm a talk talk customer and i'm not signing up for the free broadband deal, i'm going to wait 6 months to see what happens. Will they be able to cope with the increase in customers?

When we changed from 56k to broadband i was told by BT that our local exchange was up to full capacity and 2MB was the most we could expect, 8MB from Talk-talk is the max and not Guaranteed, in fact if many people sign up the speed could even drop below 2MB.

So in October i will look again at this great offer.

Stuartli 14:42 27 Apr 06

TalkTalk has or will put its own LLU equipment into exchanges.

My TalkTalk BB is due to be active from June 5th and I'm hoping (expecting) 8MB - keeping fingers crossed...:-)

Stuartli 14:42 27 Apr 06

That seems a somewhat narrow minded attitude to a very good offer by any standards and, I suspect, you will be paying less for more..:-)

Stuartli 14:43 27 Apr 06

TalkTalk sign-ups have been around 25,000 a day - some 500 per cent more than the company even anticipated.

zant 17:29 27 Apr 06

What physical size is this LLU kit ? With all and sundry promising to install in BT exchanges, will there be enough room. What exchanges are enabled, 0131 332 Edinburgh isn't.

Stuartli 17:55 27 Apr 06

Try this website for info on exchange updates (I don't know what your particular exchange name is as it's not listed, or any others, under Edinburgh):

click here

Stuartli 17:56 27 Apr 06

If LLU equipment wouldn't fit into an exchange BT would hardly have agreed to the idea...:-)

Harpur 22:08 27 Apr 06

looking at that site it would appear that northern ireland doesn't need llu as nobody is supplying it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…