More savastore woe !

saywell 12:51 01 Dec 05

Last xmas I bought my daughter a gmini MP3 hdd player. No problems there - prompt delivery and works fine (touching wood furiously!).

When I bought it, there was an option to click a box to be notified of any accessories that might be released in the future.

In August, I got an e-mail from the 'bot telling me that an FM radio attachment with remote control is now available.

So I bought one for daughter's forthcoming birthday in October. Again arrived promptly, and looked OK - but I didn't open it and put it aside for birthday. The packaging stated it was for gmini 100 and 200 series (mine is the latter).

Come her birthday, she was pleased to have it, but as she was poorly we didn't open it for a week or so.

When opened, it was apparent that despite the packaging it was unsuitable for the gmini 200 as it had no sockets to plug it into. The archos support team confirmed its unsuitability (but haven't explained why the packaging differs from their advice).

I haev subsequently had a long series of e-mails with savastore. I appreciate that I didn't reject it immediately, and would be happy with a credit note rather than refund, but all I have had is a series of responses baldly stating that they only refund if returned within 7 days.

Should I go to watford trading Standards, or straight to the on-line small claims court?

spuds 17:23 01 Dec 05

Best to try Watford Trading Standards or click here

No point in considering court action until you have expert consumer advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…