More reasons for going shopping.....

Stuartli 15:04 13 Feb 04

Here's more reasons for going to Morrisons if you have one handy.

The offer of Imation CD-Rs, 10 to a pack with cases, at £5.99 a box or three boxes for £10, carries on apace.

But, as the months have gone by, the write speed has gone from 32x to 48x and, today when I called at our town centre store, the giddy heights of 52x have now been achieved - and all without a price increase.

As an aside, Morrisons is selling blank video tape packs from a choice of brands - they range from four 180 minute tapes at £2.99 to, at the same price, five from Maxell.

Practically giving them away and certainly an eye opener for those Safeway customers who don't have experience of shopping at the canny Yorkshire family's stores.

Our local Safeway is offering a 10 pack of 32x CD-Rs from Maxell at £7.99 and the equivalent 48x version at £6.99. Daft or what?

Stuartli 15:09 13 Feb 04

An even better offer is, or so it seems, offered on this website via the amazon.co.uk revolving advert on the right hand side of the pages.

It proudly proclaims "100s of CDs for £5"...:-)

No doubt amazon will claim that it means £5 each.

Andybear 19:41 13 Feb 04

I work near a Morrisons so will nip in there one lunchtime and have a look at them. I occasionally buy DVD's from there - even the latest ones are a couple of quid cheaper than Woolies, Smiths etc.

whatsupdoc 19:48 13 Feb 04

can be had with cases and 48 Sp write from asda at 3.99. Ive got hundreds and only had 3 fail in 2 yrs. and Ive tested all the early ones i wrote 2 yrs ago and they all work.

whatsupdoc 19:48 13 Feb 04

meant to say ten in a pack for 3.99

minter 22:18 13 Feb 04

What will happen when Morrison's takes over Safeways.

Do Safeways reduce their prices - or do Morrisons increase their prices to match Safeways?

Stuartli 09:48 14 Feb 04

whatsupdoc

Buying 10 at £3.99 still works out dearer per CD-R and case than buying three packs at £10 - simple arithmetic...:-))

minter

Morrisons will be the "boss" when the takeover finally gets under way; rest assured that the canny Yorkshire family firm will bring you all the top brand names and hundreds of special offers at remarkable prices in the same way it does now.

But, to be fair, we use both outlets (Safeway has excellent special offers every week from Wednesdays onwards) and it is pretty competitive in most areas.

The dofference is that the Morrisons special offers are available every day of every week and that includes computer and video related items as Andybear highlights.

Stuartli 09:53 14 Feb 04

Oops! Should be ..."difference".

Stuartli 09:59 14 Feb 04

I've used dozens of the Imation CD-Rs, from 32x upwards, bought from Morrison.

Failure rate?

Nil.

They are produced by one of the top CD-R/CD-RW media manufacturers in the world, Taiyo Yuden Company Limited, and rebranded by Imation.

That's why I've bought enough to last me for at least two years..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…