More praise for Evesham

shizzy 21:44 02 Feb 07

Our Evesham Sli machine got very noisy this week and we suspected a fan. It will be 2 years old in May so is still under guarantee. Rang them late Tuesday afternoon and as is usual with Evesham after holding on the phone in the queue for 15minutes they said they would ring us back. They rang the middle of Wednesday morning and like toothache on booting up the horrible row had stopped and there wasn't much for tech. support to hear. However an engineer was arranged to come today.
It did decide to kick up a racket and 2 fans were replaced. Good service and deserves to be mentioned.

anchor 15:49 03 Feb 07

Typical of the good service I have received from Evesham.

anniel 17:18 04 Feb 07

How coincidental. I have just come across your post and hope I get the same service as you do!!

I wrote this in the Helproom today ( I do not know how to provide a link, sorry.)It was at 14.57pm, if that helps.

This is my second Evesham. The last one was not quiet, but I guess I got used to it.

The new one arrived last Tuesday and when we switched it on it seemd reasonably quiet. Then on Thursday we noticed that it was extremely noisy on start up. The noise lasted about 2 minutes and then it went away and the machine ran quietly. If I turn off and then start up again, the noise is not there. It only appears when the PC has been switched off for a few hours.

I managed to get through to Evesham Support and was told that this loud noise was normal and that the fans ( sure it was plural) were working to keep the processor cool. He then asked if I switched off the PC at night or left it on standby. I use a surge protector power thingy with 5 plugs on it and I do normally switch it off at night.He advised that switching it off caused the PC to need to turn on the fans and thus make the appalling noise.

On his advice, I left the PC on standby and hoefully switched on today. Nothing had changed. The noise sounds like a jet taking off and then after 2 minutes, it stops.

The PC is an Evesham Solar XT. It has Intel Core Duo Processor, Twin HDDs of 160GB each and 2 GB DDR RAM.

I am not sure what to do. I know that it will continue to make this noise on start up ( and yet it did not do it for the first 2 days) The technical support man said it was not a problem and I wonder if I am over reacting.It is under guarantee and feel I have to make sure that it is OK.

Eveshams are known for being a bit noisy, but this is something else!!!

Advice would be appreciated.

I shall ring them again tomorrow and hope I get a better response.

My 3 year old Evesham did not whirr or whine so loudly on start up like this one.You can imagine how nervous I am about this brand new machine which works perfectly exept for the start.

webb204 22:53 04 Feb 07

hi , i,ve got a evesham pc advisor solar gs ,had it 2 months now ,and it is anything but noisey, cant fault it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…