More NOISY printers, solution ?

aprilian 22:10 20 Feb 05

Might it be possible if no body else gives a shhhhhh about periphial noise to rate these items ourselves.

Now I`m sure a lot of you guys (and GALS) out there know a lot more about the tech side of doing this but it should be possible to rate your own printer on this site. All we do is click say Epson 680 and then click, I SAID CLICK SAY EPSON 680 AND THEN CLICK "TOO NOISY",

Get some one to administer & collate the information and turn it into a smart piece of journalism, some one at "What PC" may haps, oops!!!! I meen "PC Adviser" and then we can all read the results and buy a new printer with renewed confidence. I SAID!!!!!!!!!!
O Forget it!!!!!!!!!!

jakimo 21:10 21 Feb 05

If you go to a printer manufactures web site and look up the spec. of a printer,you'll find that they usually give a decibel level

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:05 21 Feb 05

Easy soloution buy yourself some nice big speakers turn up the volume full blast and play your favourite music?

I do this anyway,but hey print away.

vitrocmax 00:22 22 Feb 05

I don't notice how noisy my HP5650 is - the CPU fan is so much louder!

wee eddie 10:31 22 Feb 05

You really have no idea what the word noisy means.

aprilian 22:24 22 Feb 05

That is it I resgn from this forum, I was hoping for some humer, fun, sacitic, satiric, thats it satirical lafter & humiliation with a mix of useful information, ps thats the way the real world works if you hadn`t noticed. Oh! and by the way the real world looks at you lot of pc junkies as a bunch of....................(SORRY WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO POST THIS MESSAGE.PLEASE SEE ADMINISTRATOR AT ONCE.)

GOODBYE CRUEL PCA PEOPLE.

britto 23:46 22 Feb 05

Thats better much quieter now (:-)

wee eddie 11:19 23 Feb 05

The humiliation comes later, when you realise what a prat you've been.

I agree that shuttle noise can be bad, which is why I have an i850. Not the quietest, but on balance of Operating cost/Speed/Ease of Use it rated pretty high up the greasy pole.

By the way here's a link that might prove useful!

click here

wiz-king 13:42 23 Feb 05

How else would you print multi-part forms - print all the copies one at a time and give the salesman 6ft of paper each time? (and 5 sheets of carbon paper). No just joking but there are some things that we still need dot-matrix printers for.The whine is louder than nextdoor's kids, and you can make tunes by changing the letters!

wee eddie 14:32 23 Feb 05

Write a letter that makes the Dot-matrix printer play a tune.

Of course, most of us have seen the (primitive) Dot-matrix pictures but

Tunes from words.

That would be something else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…