More laptop queries- Dell XP media, laptop screens

cactusjack 13:14 30 Sep 04

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding Dell laptops. When customising a laptop on the Dell website, for the Operating System options available, it mentions the following: "Microsoft Windows XP2 Home Edition (No Media)". Does 'No Media' mean that no disk of the OS is provided?

Secondly, does anyone know the differences between the following options for laptop screens, since there is no explanation on the Dell website about the differences:
WXGA LCD Screen,
WSXGA LCD Screen,
WUXGA LCD Screen.
I'm presuming that WS means wide-screen, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Thirdly (and I'm sorry if this sounds like an obvious question), I'll probably be using the laptop for conecting to data projectors to give presentations, and I need to make sure that the laptop has the relevant connections available before I buy it. Does anyone know what connections on the back of the laptop should be present for this purpose (I'm presuming that most laptops have the required connections as standard).

Cheers

+ Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous threads!

Magik ®© 08:54 01 Oct 04

to answer the first question, you get a XP restore disk, which for all intents is almost the same as an XP disk..the disk will partition and format the HDD if you want it to, then load the OS for you....just done my Dell Inspiron with it...............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…