monitor price difference

turismo 16:49 08 Oct 05

hi
why is that 2 different make of monitors have differing prices even though the spec r same

sharkfin 17:10 08 Oct 05

Just becuase the spec is that same does not mean they are both manufactured inthe same way. Different companies have different overhead, manufacturing process, etc.

turismo 17:16 08 Oct 05

ty
do they differ in quality of images etc

sharkfin 19:40 08 Oct 05

erm it really depends. But I would always try to get some reviews on a particular product if I was thinking of buying something.

sharkfin 19:49 08 Oct 05

How about a Samsung SyncMaster 930BF.

You can read some positive reviews as well: click here

This is just a recommendation on the basis that you seem to want something with a fast response time, but there are plenty of 19" TFT with loads of reviews on that website. Hope it helps.

freaky 20:02 08 Oct 05

You could ask the same question about anything e.g. Why do two different makes of cars of the same spec, have different prices.

In the example of monitors, the spec's might be the same, but the quality of materials used in manufacture will differ. Also, one make may have tilt/swivel facilities whereas the other might not. The only way to really find out the difference, is to compare them side by side when they are in operation. Also,it is better to buy from a manufacturer with a well known name and a good after-sales service.

turismo 22:09 08 Oct 05

thnx
which manufacturere would u recommend for tft moniotrs

freaky 11:58 09 Oct 05

I personally buy from Iiyama, they have a very good reputation. But read the reviews in PCA.

wee eddie 13:44 09 Oct 05

It is still doing sterling service.

They say that most faults occur in the first couple of months use.

You should be prepared for a few dead pixels on the less expensive TFTs. This has a couple in one corner. Unless they are right in the middle of your sight line or very prominent, they are a hazard of buying at the cheaper end of the market.

To sum up.

Go and have a look at what's on offer, if you like it and it's in your price range. Buy.

You will get it cheaper on-line, but some-one will have to be at home to accept delivery, about a week or so later.

turismo 15:52 09 Oct 05

wer can i get review for the acer al1951a and
ProLite X486S cant see 2 find it anywer

Mr Mistoffelees 16:37 09 Oct 05

I have a Philips 170C4. It is as completely free of dead pixels today as the day I bought it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…